Sugar and Spice, makes your skin feel so nice! That’s what this Fall inspired scrub is made of!
Sugar scrubs — what’s not to love? They are known to:
- Hydrate the skin
- Not strip skins of natural oils
- Have exfoliating abilities leaving the skin feeling so soft and smooth
- Smell amazing
They are great for personal use as well as great gifts to give to family and friends!
With only a few ingredients (that you probably already have in your home) you can make your own scrub giving you the added benefit of controlling what is being applied to your skin. This Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub takes approximately 5 – 10 minutes to make and I promise you, you will feel like you are exfoliating your skin with the sweet smell of Autumn.
Homemade Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub
1/4 c. Almond oil
2 tsp. Vanilla
1 tsp. Vitamin E
2 c. Brown Sugar
1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp. Ground Cloves
1 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
2 Tbsp. Apple Pie Spice (if you do not have this, you can make your own 3 Ingredient Apple Pie Spice)
In a large bowl, mix all the ingredients together until fully combined and you’re done! Store in air tight container.
Note: If you would like your sugar scrub to have “more saturated” consistency add more almond oil until you receive your desired texture – I recommend doing a tablespoon at a time.
- Let warm water hit your skin for at least 5 minutes. Scoop out the scrub and gently rub in a circular motion on desired body areas (I do not use this particular scrub on my face). Rinse off and pat skin dry.
- Run hand (or feet) under water for at least 10 seconds. Scoop out the scrub and gently rub in a circular motion. Rinse off and pat skin dry.
- Test scrub on small part of body to ensure you are not allergic to the ingredients.
- If moisturizing after shower, use a light oil to avoid clogging pores.
- Not intended for use as a daily scrub – I typically use the scrub 2 – 3 times a week.
As Always, Live Creatively – Xoxo Joyce
One thought on “Homemade Apple Cinnamon Sugar Scrub”
Can’t wait to try this!